Saturday, December 01, 2007

Exactly 4 years ago, I was filled with excitement as I headed to Police Academy for my Cadet Inspector course. The thought of going through a 2 weeks period of harsh drilling and grilling was frightening, yet at the same time exciting.

It was on that fateful day that I met you in Delta Squad. Almost immediately, you were categorised under my "bad" book. No, I didn't hate you then, but I just didn't like you very much. Maybe it was your looks, maybe it was the vibes you were giving out, I don't know. When we were assigned to our ATC groups and when I knew you were in Mercury with me, I swear I almost hit the roof.

But things took a turn after Mercury had to get together to make our group flag. I then slowly felt that you weren't as aloof as you looked. Since then, we slowly warmed up to each other.

Out of the entire Delta Squad of 20+ people, 4 of us were selected to hold the post of Delta's Drill Instructors, and coincidentally, you were one of the 4, with me. Interesting.

For ATC, it's a pity we didn't end up being canoeing partners. So near yet so far. I remembered how after the wet activities, the sole of your Nike shoes was flapping and threatening to fall off, and that cracked me up. Eventually, I helped you to step it off. And call it karma, a few days later, the sole of my track shoes started flapping just like yours. I remembered how you had a good laugh at my plight.

Passing out from CIBTC was one of the best moments in my life, and you had to miss your own passing out for your sister's University graduation in Australia.

Memories are such precious little things. And when I look back, it's very uncanny how we seem to always have so many coincidental encounters. Delta, Mercury, Chingay, and the list goes on.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jay-Jay, I love you.

No comments:



call me tiger