Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weight Woes?

In the changing room of the country club earlier, I overheard a very alarming and disturbing statement made by a young girl.

Girl: Mommy, my tummy is very fat. I want my tummy to be flat flat.

When I got out of the shower and was blow drying my hair, the mother and daughter came out and I got a rude shock to see that the girl was only around the age of 7. To add on, she was nowhere near chubby, not even the least bit.

Right after I weighed myself, the girl immediately hopped onto the scale and because I was just beside the scale, I couldn't help but saw her weight reflected on the scale. The scale read: 21.7kg

She called her Mom over to look at the readings and asked, "Is it still 120?", which I presume she meant 120%. In all honesty, I can't see where that excess 20% of weight is hidden in that girl's small body.

It's sad to know that girls so young are already worrying about their weights, and schools somewhat have a part to play for this.

No comments:



call me tiger