Thursday, October 01, 2009


First of all, I'm honoured to be 1 of the 7 people awarded the "Kreativ Blogger Award" by Natalie. It totally caught me off guard to see my name on the list, and it brought a smile to my face, knowing that my existence has impacted someone's life.

All I have to do is to state 7 things about myself and pass it on to 7 people who have inspired me and impacted my life, so here goes...

1) I come from an extremely large family originating from Mauritius. Proud to be one of the Yiptong clan!

2) Because my family is so big, I have relatives mainly in Mauritius, Canada, Australia and Singapore. There are a few Yiptongs scattered elsewhere as well! And I think I have not even met half of the Yiptong clan yet.

3) As a kid (in pre-primary), I suffered from severe motion sickness and because of that, I vomited every single day in the school bus on the way to school! Oh, how I pity my bus mates who had to be tortured everyday. LOL! (pokes Danping, remember my vomiting days?!)

4) I got my left index finger stuck between the metal chains of a bicycle before, and my Mom panicked so much that she summoned all our neighbours on the same floor to help get my finger out! She even called Dad to return home from work immediately! =X After a while, I managed to free my finger from the chains but I don't remember how.

5) I have a natural flair for shooting hand pistols and rifles. As an NPCC cadet and WCI thereafter, I think I snitched all the marksmen (women rather) awards.

6) I will visit Mauritius some day, the country of my origin.

7) I have a loving family and extremely supportive parents, and I love them with all my heart. ♥

So, as opposed to the name of the award, not all the 7 people whom I'm passing along this award to are bloggers. In fact, only 1 is. These are people who have been a source of inspiration to me.

1) Dada - for being the best grandfather anyone can have. For being such a great encourager and steadfast man. For imparting your wisdom to all of us when you were still around. And of course, for creating a wonderful childhood for me when you brought me along with your tour groups to Sentosa, Haw Par Villa, etc. Rest In Peace. ♥

2) Dad - for being so supportive of me, be it ballet, piano, NPCC, studies, and of course my long struggle which has only been recently made know to him. I want to marry a man like my Dad. =)

3) Mom - for being equally supportive though not always in the right manner, but I know there's a lot to learn about me than what meets the eye. Thank you for always going all out just so I can settle my wacky and sudden food cravings.

4) Kor Kor - for showing care, concern and love for me when I cried so hard over my broken relationships. For being around whenever I landed my sorry ass in a hospital ward as a patient. For being a brother I know I can turn to even though you're not always around.

5) Di Di - for being my best "twin" of exactly 13 months apart. For growing up with me and clawing at each other, yet loving each other.

6) Jay-Jay - for being a patient and supportive boyfriend, and able to stand my mood swings and tantrums, and for picking me up from the pits when I was falling to the depths of a never ending well.

7) Natalie - for being such a strong girl and proving to all of us that we can all have a fresh start in anything and everything, so long we put our hearts to do it alongside with massive willpower. So, this is going back to you! Just because you are you. =)

***********

Okay, so I'm FINALLY done! Moving on to other things, my first visit to LC today was fine. And my Dad said that the Doctor I saw was rather good looking, and I think I have to agree. LOL! Got my ECG done and blood drawn from both arms just because my veins were too fine and the blood stopped flowing after 2 tubes. So I had to be poked in the other arm to fill up the next 2 tubes. =(

Only my first visit there today, and I have already been scheduled for 3 more appointments in the following weeks and months. This is totally time consuming. I hope I don't get fired from work because of all these medical appointments which requires me to leave work in the afternoon. =X 1 appointment down, we shall see how the rest goes!

No comments:



call me tiger