Saturday, October 31, 2009

Bars, Bars, Bars.

The past week I haven't reviewed any of the bars I've eaten, simply because I've had a grey week. So, I'm going to spam this post with 18 pictures of 8 bars I've eaten. Technically, I ate 9, but Luna S'mores was plain and boring so I'm not going to feature it.

Here goes the major spam...



Clif Nectar Cacao - Dark Chocolate Walnut

This was super indulgent! Rich dark chocolate with fragrant crunchy walnuts is a match made in heaven! The bittersweet chocolate was so good, and it's a healthy alternative to chocolate bars and chocolate brownies! I'm definitely going to bring some Clif Nectar in soon!



Clif Bar - Chocolate Chip

Chewy oaty body sprinkled with a generous amount of chocolate chips, seriously, nothing can go wrong here, unless of course you're someone who abhors chocolates. =)



Clif Mojo - Peanut Butter Pretzel

This bar was THE BOMB! Heavenly indulgently good! I absolutely love the marriage of sweet and salty. The PB chips were sweet and savoury at the same time, and the pretzels added a wonderful crunch to every bite! The other variations of Clif Mojo will definitely be present in my next shipment!



Clif Bar - Chocolate Brownie

All I remember about this bar was it being very black, very chewy, very chocolatey and very dense. Despite being so chocolate-rich, it wasn't overwhelmingly sweet which was perfect.




Clif Bar -Spiced Pumpkin Pie

Now now, this is a seasonal flavour and I'm so glad I got it. Sweet spicy pumpkin and a sweet yoghurt-y base totally made me feel it's Christmas already. =) Pear Apple Strudel, Iced Gingerbread and Cran Orange Nut Bread, all you seasonal flavours are going to be mine!



Luna - Chocolate Raspberry

First up, this bar was a visual delight. With its rich bittersweet cocoa layer covering the mild tangy crispy innards, it was such a joy to eat. However, the raspberry flavour could have been stronger though, and it would have made this bar even better than it already is.



Luna Cookies 'n Cream Delight

Again, another visual delight. Taste wise, it was how you'd expect a cookies and cream biscuit to be. Nice but not fantastically so, maybe because this is a common flavour.

I was at ION Orchard yesterday and got myself a couple of Springhill bars which I've eyed ever since ION opened a few months back.


Top: Springhill Bar - Dark Chocolate Oat Finger Biscuit
Bottom: Springhill Bar - Milk Chocolate Oat Finger Biscuit

As I had a light dinner of a Double Taste Bun (custard & chocolate cream) from Sun Moulin and a can of Diet 7-up Lemon Lime (which was freaking delicious), I was hungry when I got home so I attacked my first ever Springhill bar!



Springhill Bar - Dark Chocolate Oat Finger Biscuit

Obviously, this bar is not photo-friendly, but it was extremely and amazingly tastebud-friendly! Crumbly, bisuit-like and cake-like center encased within smooth creamy dark chocolate, absolutely divine!

Boyfriend, please try to find these babies in Australia since they originate from there and bring some home for me. Oh, and thank you in advance for offering to buy back some Go Natural bars for me! =) 20 more days!

No comments:



call me tiger