Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dada.

Last night, I dreamt of Dada. It has been 9 months since he left us, yet I still remember him so clearly. The way he looked and the way he spoke are all etched deep in my memory.

In my dream, there was a dinner gathering for the whole Chan Yiptong family. Prior to dinner, Dada requested to go to the rooftop of a particular hotel, because we have been up there before (in my dream; haven't been to such a place in real life), and he loved it a lot.

After enjoying the fresh air for a little bit, it was time to head back to the restaurant as dinner was about to commence and everyone else was waiting for us, so I said, "Dada, let's go down now." With a strong, "Ok", Dada stood up from his wheelchair, stabilized himself, and took a few shaky steps forward. I was utterly shocked because Dada had lost the use of 1 of his leg after a stroke a few years back, yet there he was standing before my very eyes, taking baby steps.

Within seconds, Dada stood strong and firm and I rushed forward to give him a big bear hug and didn't want to let go! I got a bystander to take a picture of Dada and I, because I wanted to have a picture of 'Dada being able to stand again'!

Strange dream, no? Maybe I miss Dada way too much.

No comments:



call me tiger