Monday, October 12, 2009

Okay, I know posting everyday is not a norm for me, but I honestly could not resist the need to post! So what else is it that have been keeping me so hyped up other than my loot of Clif Bars?

After enjoying Maple Nut tremendously, I had pretty high expectations of the Chocolate Almond Fudge bar, but sadly, I wasn't wow-ed by it as much as Maple Nut.



This is not to say I disliked this bar. It was extremely chocolaty and dense, and the almond pieces were really generous, as can be seen in the picture with that huge nut sticking out like a sore thumb. It was good, yet somehow it just did not sit too well with me. Maybe the first time's a bummer, and the second time's a winner? I really do hope so.

Anyway, my lovely babe HuiQin came by to collect her stuffs again and like before, she put a huge smile on my face with a simple gesture, yet a very heart-warming one.


Peach Sponge Cake on French Toast (?)

The top layer was sponge cake and the bottom layer tasted like french toast to me. Soft, moist and juicy with a crunchy base. And the peach slice was an added bonus! Thank you babe, you're really a gem. =)

So, here is the thing that ended my day nicely and made me do a happy dance:



When I tore open the package, the aromatic minty-ness of the bar wafted up to my nose almost immediately, and that was a good sign. Shaking with glee, I bit into the bar and totally savoured the moist, chewy, chocolaty bar with a good kick of mint. Oh and not to forget, I was already sold by the outlook of the bar.

I let my elder brother have a bite and he exclaimed, "Whoa, not bad ah!", and Daddykins like this so much that I think he ate 1/4 to 1/3 of the bar away. He felt that this is nicer than Maple Nut, but I think they are equally awesome! Now, Kor Kor should be looking forward to eating the Chocolate Chip Peanut Crunch I gave him! =)

It's nice that my family can appreciate all these yum-yums with me, and it feels good to spread the yumminess around! Next 11 flavours, here I come!

2 comments:

E- said...

Ooh the last one does look delicious! I only like the combination of chocolate and mint SOMEtimes, so I don't know if it would work for me.. but probably it would!

Unknown said...

Well, you should give it a try especially when your craving for something chocolaty and minty sets in! I really fell in love with this flavour, double triple yum! =D



call me tiger