Saturday, October 03, 2009

Today, Mom and I did a little bit of Mother-Daughter bonding through a very meaningful activity.

We went down to Kovan CC to help out in making snowskin mooncakes for the elderly of various nursing/old folks' homes. I had balls of fun because I felt like I was playing with plasticine/play doh, which brings back wonderful childhood memories!


Organiser


Professionals at work.

It is a pity we weren't taught how to make the snow skin from scratch because in order to speed things up, there were professionals from a baking school who made the mooncake skin and all we had to do was roll the fillings into the skin.


Colourful snowskin ready to be used!


Mom & I.

And for entertainment, we had someone who sang "live" for us!


Anyway, the target was to make 6000 mooncakes which was expected to last till 4pm, but by 12 noon, not only did all of us meet the target, we exceeded it by about 700 pieces at the last count. And this was excluding those that we were still making! So we were told to finish up whatever we had on our tables and we were done! I reckon that the excess could have easily amounted to another 2000 pieces or so.

What really ticked me off was that I actually forgot to take pictures of the mooncakes after they were prettily made! TSK! Must have been the coldness that put me into a partial hibernation mode until I forgot.

No comments:



call me tiger