Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Met the dietitian for the first time today and I must admit that I am extremely surprised at her flexibility as opposed to what I thought. Basically, I'm allowed to maintain my 3 hourly feedings (where my tummy is an automatic alarm clock), with my current intake tweaked just a little bit. All I have to do is to substitute 2 of the intakes with 1 serving of Ensure Life each.

Because I don't consume enough fluids daily, the introduction of EL is to ensure that I take in more fluids than usual, as well as adding sufficient vitamins, minerals and calcium to my diet. Sounds easy, but for someone who really dislikes drinking a lot, it's pretty stressful. But I promised to try.

The only consolation for now, is that I get to substitute 2 intakes with EL instead of adding EL on top of it. And, she didn't meddle with my portions (yet). Oh, I got tasked with homework! To think of 10 snacks that I can incorporate into my meals for variety, because she's not willing to let me just have energy bars most of the time. She initially wanted to limit me to 1 bar per day but when my Dad told her about my massive incoming stock, she allowed me to have 2 instead, haha!

Actually, I snack a lot and it varies, just that when she asked for examples, I was unable to recall off-hand because the snacks I have are always changing. Hence, the homework (which is done).

Appointments after appointments, I'm going to get fired! TSK!

No comments:



call me tiger