Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Place To Call My Own, Not Too Far From Home.

Back in September 2012, the boyfriend and I balloted for the AMK project. Due to some silly oversight, we missed the application for the 'live near parents scheme', also known as the Married Child Priority Scheme. Hence, we only had 2 ballot chances.

When we got our queue number about a month later, my heart sank: 781 out of 619 available units. In order for us to have a few semi-good units to choose from, we needed at least 200 couples ahead of us to give up.

Selection of units for September BTO started in November, and our appointment was scheduled for 16 January 2013, 5.45pm. The wait was extremely agonizing. January came, and I was religiously stalking the HDB website, looking at the number of units left, as well as which floors were available.

2 days prior to our appointment date, I saw hope, as there was still 1 unit each on level 14, 11, 10, 9, 8 and 7. As fast as I saw hope, the lights on 14 and 11 went out.

On the day of our appointment, level 10, 9 and 8 got snapped up so quickly that I really lost all hope. In all honesty, I felt very dejected. I kept hoping that level 7 would wait for us and be ours.

Went to HDB Hub for our long awaited appointment, and to my surprise, 7 was there for us, waiting. However, after looking at the model and with my Dad's very wise train of thoughts and suggestions, we let 7 slip by us, and took a unit on level 6 at the other block which will have less blockage from existing public housing. In addition, we will probably have fresher air at this unit in future as it is next to the neighbourhood park.


Home =)

You may not have a majestic exterior in terms of height, but I'll see that you'll look pretty on the inside for sure. I'll see you in 5 years' time, my little Home. =)

No comments:



call me tiger