Friday, January 11, 2013

Happy Birthday, Love

This year is the second year I celebrated the boyfriend's birthday with him, and this year, I put in more effort in finding a nice venue for his birthday treat.

While doing some research online, I chanced upon Zero.Zero, and found that it was the sister company of Tao's and Dozo. Having dined at Tao's before and enjoyed the food a lot, I decided that Zero.Zero would definitely match up and be a notch better than Tao's since the selection of food offered at Zero.Zero is a notch above Tao's, a.k.a more atas.

Instantly, I made a reservation stating the date, time and occasion. The reply I received from the management impressed me, as a midst the confirmation, this was included, "For the birthday arrangement, we will provide a complementary cake with candle for him =)". Seriously, I was already sold even before trying them out.

The whole week I was so excited for the dinner and I kept telling the boyfriend that I hope he would enjoy this year's meal much much more than last year's.

I'm glad to say Zero.Zero delivered!


We started dinner with a glass of Moscato each. Yummy~



The ordering system works as such: Dinner is a 5 course meal. Other than the starter course, under each course there are a few items, and we are to select one dish from each course.



Amuse Bouche: Assorted Platter


Cold Dish (both): Smoked Duck Breast with Apple Slice

We chose the same cold dish, and boy was this a fantastic choice! The smoked duck was crazily tender and flavourful, and when paired together with the apple slices and apple sauce, it was so so so good that I wished I had another portion of that stuff!


Side Dish (his): Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab


Side Dish (mine): Grilled Escargot with Cheese

The soft shell crab was okay but nothing to shout about. The escargot on the other hand, was pretty interesting and tasted mighty awesome and also, that was our first time eating snails.


Main Course (his): Pork Collar on Houba Leaf with Lava Stone


Main Course (mine): Beef Rib Eye on Houba leaf with Lava Stone

Both our main courses were well executed. Up to this stage, there was honestly nothing to complain about the taste of the food as well as the presentation. Although the pork collar was good, we both agreed that the beef rib eye was the winner. Freaking tender and tasty even without having to dip into the sauce provided.

And then came the last course of our meal. Desserts...


Dessert (his): Mille Feuille


Dessert (mine): Pomelo Orange and Mango Pannacotta

At this point in time, I was stuffed and to stomach anything more was really pushing it. But the desserts were great too, and I couldn't help it! =/


The complimentary chocolate brownie from Zero.Zero for the birthday boy!


Happy birthday, Love. I hope you enjoyed dinner this year, and put the birthday present into good use soon. =)

No comments:



call me tiger