Thursday, August 27, 2009

On the way to work earlier this morning, Dad passed me a letter that came in yesterday. When I saw the neat writings on the envelope, I immediately knew who it was from.


Deb's neat handwriting with my address "swirled" away by me.

No babe, I didn't water your envelope to deliberately smudge my address. It is still nice and clean, just the way you posted it. =)



The day Debs left for Sydney (yet again), was the day I received the letter (though it was only passed to me the following morning). A big wide smile was plastered on my face as I read the card, and when I re-read it, my Dad teased me about how I can't stop reading it. It is really amazing how an old-fashioned method of communication can brighten up one's day.

In a nutshell, the context of the card was of Debs wishing me strength and courage to go through the operation and would have very much wanted to visit me had she not have to leave for Sydney so suddenly. This card, so simple yet so heart-warming, was more than enough to replace her absence of visit. No words can describe how I feel towards this gesture of hers.

I am very blessed to have a friend like her. A friend whom despite having minimal contact over the last half decade, can still hit it off with me and continue the friendship where we left off. =) Thank you babe.

Of course, there are still a number of friends who share the same situation as Debs and I. Not always in contact, but definitely always there when whoever is in need. You guys know who you are. I love you people. =)

No comments:



call me tiger