Sunday, October 18, 2009

Conquered A Monster.

A couple of days ago, Dilun needed help to shift a 7-seater MPV from Aljunied to Punggol and I was asked if I could render him my help.

I wanted to help but didn't feel I was up to it because I have not driven in 4 months, much less something so huge like an MPV. After much persuasion, I relented and went down to Aljunied after work. When I saw the monster Honda Stream, I wanted to run away!

The car was way taller than I am but width-wise it was narrower than a Camry and BMW, both of which I have handled before. Heck, I even drove an Extol van before too. Lol. So, it wasn't as scary as I thought. We ended up at Punggol alive and that is all that matters. Hahaha.

So, over the last few days, I took a break from Clif bars and ventured on to my Luna bars. The first bar I ate from my massive order was Luna Sunrise Strawberry Crumble, which I somehow forgot to take a picture of it. Nevermind, there are still 14 bars of it for me to snap away like crazy. Anyway, like most Luna bars, Strawberry Crumble was sweet and crunchy. The jam layer on top wasn't very strawberry-ish, but the yoghurt base was creamy and delicious. On the whole, the bar was good but I personally find it more suitable to be a snack/dessert bar rather than a breakfast bar.



Luna Chai Tea was very different from the usual Luna Bars that I'm so used to. The strong scent of spices intrigued me when I opened the package. The infusion of spices did wonders to the bar and it is really quite unexplainable (and it doesn't help that I don't always express myself very well). Nice as it was, I wouldn't say that I fell in love with this bar. A once in a while treat would be fine, but it doesn't leave me hankering for more once I'm done with one. Maybe a second shot at it will be a different case?



Physically, Luna Sunrise Blueberry Bliss looked very much like the Strawberry Crumble, and like SC, it didn't carry a very blueberry-ish flavour. Sweet, crunchy and again, it is much more suitable to be a snack/dessert bar.

At the rate my bars are disappearing into my stomach, it's going to take forever for them to deplete! And greedy me have already eyed more bars to be brought in. =X I shall be patient and wait till my current stash is running low first, and who knows by then I may have gotten sick of bars and moved on to another food phase.

No comments:



call me tiger