Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Adidas KOTR 2012 - singapore is all in

Just a week after Nike 10k event, D and I went for Adidas KOTR which was 16.8km. Strangely, the both of us felt totally not ready for the event and we were afraid that we would do badly for it. However, we surprised ourselves, or at least I surprised myself, considering the fact that the sun was blazing hot that morning, and I had an extremely stiff neck.


I like how there were 6 colours in total for the event singlet, 3 for men and 3 for women. I chose the Ultra Green because I am not a pink or purple person, and I really love the combination of the Ultra Green top.

On Sunday morning, J was very nice to come and get D & I from my place to the race event site. Thank you, J.




And off we went! The sun was terrible that morning, with the sky so clear and no cloud coverage, it was extremely hot and I am like a vampire who cannot run properly when there is sun. It was quite a torturous 16.8km because I drank too much water due to the heat, and I ended up with nasty side stitches which caused me to walk more than I expected.

I honestly thought my timing would be shit, like probably 2:15 or something. But when I was approaching the finishing point, I saw the timing on the board was just a minute past 2 hours, so I sprinted the rest of the way to the finishing line.


Freaking happy that I met my targeted time despite the weather!




And then there was another major event that was going on concurrently, and it was my boyfriend being in the Subaru Challenge. But that will be in a separate post, just for him. =)

No comments:



call me tiger