Monday, August 19, 2013

Go-Kart Experience

Was invited by D to join her friends for a JB go-kart and shopping day out and obviously, the boyfriend and I jumped at the opportunity and agreed to go!

Out of 10 pax, 8 of us have never tried go-kart before, so we were all very excited about it.

When we arrived at the go-kart destination, it began to drizzle, followed by a crazy storm and that really dampened our moods because it almost felt like the rain would not let up, and we would miss the chance to try that activity. Thank God we stuck around and the rain finally lifted. And off we went!

 photo IMG_7555_zpsb1c89fdd.jpg
 photo IMG_7552_zpsb915c63a.jpg

RM35 for 10 minutes of adrenaline rush was so worth it! Because the ground was still wet from the downpour, a few of us skidded but recovered quickly. I personally skidded twice and spun 360 degrees both times. To be honest, the both times I skidded, I silently chanted, "Don't crash, don't crash, don't crash." It was pretty scary because I had almost no control of the wheel when the kart was spinning. So after dashing through the circuit for the first round and after skidding twice, I went slower and slower in the subsequent rounds until my 10 minutes was up.

When we all returned and line the karts up, I realized that the kart I was assigned to was relatively smaller than the ones the others used (the blue kart on the left was what I used, while the others used the kart the size of the one in the foreground as per the picture). I suspect I was assigned a kid's go-kart instead of the standard adult-sized one. Am I really that small? =( But my kart had a lot of power nonetheless, and it was indeed an awesome go-karting experience!

No comments:



call me tiger